22 May 2006

Show with Tim Gilger at Cocktails 5.18.06, Nashville

This was supposed to be a short, two-person set at 8:30, but therewas a last minute add-on of a singer-songwriter named Mary (who was very good, though I did not catch her last name. ooops)

Tim and I recently wrote a song together, 'Sweetwater Road,' which has yet to be played in public because we both are a bit fuzzy still on the chords and words. We keep intending to, so one of these times it might actually happen.

I did play a new song, a sort of sweet love song that is still finding its right chords and changes. For it being a new song, though, the performance was quite comfortable. I think it will become a part of the reportoire. I also played a really solid version of "N Judah" (Tim helped out with this great atmospheric lead line) and then, for the last one, I started out with playing "Wasting Time With You" and it was rock solid through the intro and then I realized I forgot the verse chord progression (which never happens to me. Very weird). I had to scuttle it (sadly, because it was so solid a lead-in) and I retuned quickly and fired off the old standby "The Girl Explains", which went well, again with Tim on lead guitar.

Tim's set was solid, as well. I have gotten comfortable with his songs to the point where I can just jump in with harmonies and words and shaker, so I did that. We had a good groove going.

I wished I could have stayed late to hear Jerry Oliver's set, especially since he seemed to be playing with some folks from the Fido coffee shop, who I have yet to hear. Alas, I had to scoot. Next time.

Categories:

2 comments:

Bird On A Line said...

Do you have any shows this weekend? My Mom's in town and it'd be cool to see you play.

dault said...

Ack! No shows! Sorry - Dd.