30 March 2006

Cocktails 3.30.06

Played a writers round set tonight with Tim Gilger and Chris Warren. The set started around 7:45 and we each did three songs through the course of the show. I played "Wasting Time With You," "N Judah," and "Telegraph."

I felt like the energy was good, but we all seemed to have trouble hearing each other on stage, so I didn't feel comfortable playing much on the other guys' songs. So I mostly shook the shaker. There were some points, though, where I was able to do some nice harmonies on both Tim and Chris's songs. Tim's I know pretty well, and Chris just writes good, accessable choruses. I had fun doing that.

I don't feel like it was the best I could have done on my material. Some nights you just feel 'off', and this was one for me. Tim and Chris seemed to have a good time, and there was a good crowd there. Some folks were loud and didn't seem to pay much attention (ahh, typical...) but there were definitely folks listening and getting into the show, and that makes it worthwhile.

Now, I just need to work on my sales pitch so I can sell some CD's. Yep, that's me. It's all about moving the product, isn't it?

(No, it isn't).

Categories:

No comments: